maghanap ka ng whatever!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

wrapping it up!

this is what i'm suppose to put in my column in Clarion. i hope our EIC would allow this. because as i can see it, it's too selfish. it's about me anyway.. haha... read on :)

Column name: MY SELFISH THOUGHTS
Column title: THAT’S A WRAP!

Starting a paragraph is one of the hardest parts in writing; similar to how I started college. Nothing has been easy for a noob like me on what to do in college. Making friends with “strangers” took time to be at ease with them. Even making it in the office [Clarion] where I finally belong has been so intimidating. It may be at first, but the more you shared a little chitchat and some bothering with them, it helped me find a clearer view of a second family here in school.

From the time I leveled up to 2nd year, subjects became more kind of difficult to me. I started disregarding studying and crammed on the eleventh hour. It is a fact that I became too sloppy with my academics and there were some conflicts between it and some heart-to-heart matters, with a tinge of Clarion stuffs. I somehow got fairly good grades from learning with photocopied handouts *ahem*, classmate’s jotted notes, scribbles and doodles on the projector, and even appreciated the grossest things and wonders brought about by the microorganisms, and shared ideas with the newfound groupies.

From the time I was appointed to be an Assistant Managing Editor in our dear student pub, my clandestine initial reaction was like “what the H am I getting into?” But somehow, I learned new things on how to make Clarion working and loving it. Then after our former EIC’s regime, it’s our turn to be seniors. Hurray for that! However, we have to tighten our belts due to financial constraints in order for us to compensate our budgets to cater all the necessary activities and printings in this pub. I admit that I had been a headache to the rest of my colleagues {if they consider me one} because of my consistent procrastination. I was trying to eradicate that bad habit though, because obviously, it does me no good in my work. Tsk!

This time, I’m writing selfishly about the things I want to blabber regarding myself. You see, I can’t even imagine myself scribbling my thoughts in this sheet of paper for a one whole page of column. It’s as if at the first glance in our young-adolescent-lives, we were just setting our plans and goals. Now, on the next minute, we find ourselves few steps closer to our “dreams”. Whether we planned to be here or not, regular, irregular, shiftee, or second-courser students, or whatnot, if you’re a candidate to graduate this year, be proud [I know you do], you’re graduating. At least we have proven that our efforts were not wasted for reaching this far.

Of all the endeavors I’ve gone through, it were all because of these people who never got tired of dreaming with me. My grandparents and the rest of my family who fostered me like their youngest baby, I hope I made you proud even before I stepped college. I tried my best to show you that I have been worthy of your sacrifices and hardships, even though I showed you the not-so-perfect-daughter’s attributes. I am looking forward to repay all your kindness. I love you so much. To our moderator, Ma’am Mary, you showed your motherly love to us despite our flaws and shortcomings. You still continued to support us. To Pam, Janely, Cawi, Madrid, and all those friends and acquaintances I met along the way, you are few of the reasons why I considered college as the best and the most challenging years at this point in my life. However, that made me think all of the sudden, what does the future could really offer me when all these people will no longer be by my side? That made me sad right now : (

Moreover, I won’t forget those people who pissed me off within the entire years in this academia. Yes, you got into my nerves and almost turned me into a madman. Seriously, you’re not a big help; and you’re no big deal either. So whatever grudges you hold against me, no worries, I don’t care. However, just in case you’re wondering why I include you here, it’s because we were once friends and I remembered you. That doesn’t mean anything. I just remembered you; just that. Soon enough, we will be parting our ways and hopefully not to get to see each other again. I’m thinking of some reconciliation though.

All in all, I just wish that the next time I see the people who will take our places in Clarion, they can do better. Anticipate the consequences and as much as possible, don’t delay. And by the next time I see the same faces, like my batch mates, I hope I could see you somewhere in the hospitals, or any decent workplace, doing the right thing, dedicating ourselves to our chosen profession. ~xoxo ♥

(I’m gonna miss the couch :c )

No comments:

About Me

My photo
i get paranoid about almost everything especially when it comes to relationship, safety, and future.