maghanap ka ng whatever!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

job interview messed up

Interviewer: Ok, Miss Doby, there is only one rule in this interview. You have to speak in english all throughout this interview.
Me: Alrght, sir.

That was the second line I heard from our interviewer in Meno Gaia after I greeted him a good afternoon. Cool voice and awesome accent, I got nervous that I might stutter and give him a dead air in between my sentences. OMG! Why can't I be talkative? I hate my silent-type alter ego. Why can't I be as talkative as in writing?!

And so, the interview went on. We reviewed some points in English subject: the parts of speech, subject-verb agreement, verb tenses and definition of terms. We also did a one-line translation from Visaya to English and some identification.

Then, the most critical question in interview (I think) is when the interviewer asked me that "tell me about yourself" question, "how did you know that this company is hiring?", and other interview questions I read in the internet.

And I finally went through unscathed. Though some of the questions were answered wrongly, I think I can pass the interview. Though I stuttered a bit and said "aah's" and "uhm's", I think I constructed the sentences correctly. And though I looked so tensed yesterday, I somehow put on my charm while holding my hands tightly, hoping I can make it :D

After the interview session, along with Mathew and Lea, we went straight to G.Mall to relieve our stress with pizza from Greenwich and some cute service crews *u*


P.S. Thanks to Mathew for this sweet treat :D

No comments:

About Me

My photo
i get paranoid about almost everything especially when it comes to relationship, safety, and future.