maghanap ka ng whatever!

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Deliverance

"a kiss: sometimes you would never expect who'll give it to you next."


Sometimes, not all holidays started with a sweet hello. Regrets and miserable mistakes may win the finish line before the summer has started. I never thought you could be the one who'll bring me in this kind of desolation. However, I'm in between satisfaction and heartache; loyalty and infidelity; fantasy and misery; pride or forget it. I don't know which one to choose.


We imbibed the bitterness of liquor down our throat until you faltered and left the table for good. I was a bit giddy and tried to escape the suffocation from the smoke of cigarettes. I searched for the breeze of the sea. There, I found peace. I feel isolated and alone; it’s what I wanted- be alone. My toes combed the sand of the shore and tickled me for a relief. I wandered my eyes for light. And there beneath the lamp post, I saw you leaning on it, like a drunkard held by a sober barman. You slowly slid your back downward until your butt hit the ground softly. Your melancholic atmosphere lured me to come closer to you. Hesitant, I still drew myself nearer. I heard you whimpered; not so typical of you. You shot a stare at me looking mad and about to attack. I was surprised as I turned my back and tried to walk away when I heard you called my name. I never thought you would still remember me despite of your intoxication. I can see the tears glimmer and obviously making your eyes blur. I can feel the immensity of the emotion around you.


We were standing under the perfect sphere of pale moonlight. The waves were crashing the shore gently and the cool breeze was sweeping my hair out of my face as it wiped your tears to dry. There was a silent pause; but it's never dull. The chill was creeping down my spine as the distance between us grew shorter. It was unusual. The feeling's unusual; somewhat new to me. I could never imagine myself in a spot where there's only you and me. We haven't been alone for a minute; neither stared at each other for a long time. We don't even bothered to talk about anything. And now I'm stuck, and seemingly unable to move, in front of you.


“Why not me?” That mumbled question coming from your mouth left me immobile in an instant. And before I knew it, I have tasted the liquor on your tongue and the warmth of air we shared on that stolen moment. And for that hasty bliss, I forgot the one who held my heart. The one who trusted me; the one who kept his faith in me; the one I told I would love him until my last breath; the one who used to be the friend of this one who made my eyes closed for a moment.


At the end of the day, bashful smiles traced the guilt on our faces. A bleak memory of a good amity started the fete of vacation for the two incompatible hearts that cannot be matched at their crooked cranny lines.

1 comment:

january said...

i should have done this nung saturday.. anyway, enjoy more boredom tis april!ahehehe make-up duties are such a blessing sometimes.

About Me

My photo
i get paranoid about almost everything especially when it comes to relationship, safety, and future.